Thank you for your interest in employment
opportunities with the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
This agency has employment opportunities in the
Sworn, Certified and Civilian Capacities.
Prior to hiring, the following requirements must be successfully met:
- Must be 19 years of age or older (18 for Civilian Positions).
- Obtain passing score on all sections of the Test of Adult Basic Education. Test may be waived for current Florida certified applicants and those with a four-year college degree, and civilians with at least 60 college credit hours
- Have a good police record.
- Possess a valid Florida Driver's License and have an acceptable driving record.
- Be a United States Citizen. (Sworn and Certified Positions)
- Not have tried, used or experimented with any type of illegal drugs within the past 2 years (24 months), nor any hard drugs within the past 5 years (60 months).
- Oral Interview
- Polygraph examination
- Urinalysis examination
- Background Investigation and reference checks
- Physical examination and EKG for designated positions
- Physical agility test (detention deputy and deputy sheriff applicants)
- Psychological test (for appropriate positions)
- Acceptable credit history
- If a Veteran, possess an Honorable discharge or uncharacterized.
- Successfully pass a keyboarding test, if typing or data entry work is required for the position for which you are applying.
- Be able to perform the essential functions of the position for which you are applying.
Photocopies of the following items must be included with your application:
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma, GED or College Transcripts
- If a Veteran, copy of Form DD-214 stating "Honorable" Discharge (member 4 copy) or Uncharacterized.
- Proof of registration as required by Federal Military Service Act (males aged 18-26)
- Copy of Florida Department of Law Enforcement State Certificate and proof of passing State Certification Test (deputy sheriff applicants and detention deputy applicants)
- Name change documents (marriage, adoption, etc.)
- Any other applicable diplomas and/or certificates may be included
- Three (3) completed personal references (forms provided)
- State Retirement Plan available
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Dental Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- and much more!
We require Level A, Full Battery, Form 7 or higher T.A.B.E. test be successfully passed. This test must have separate scores for all four subjects: 11.0 for Reading, Spelling, Language, and 8.0 for Math.
Passing Scores: Civilian Positions 10.0 Language, Reading, Spelling; 8.0 Math; Deputy Sheriff & Detention Deputy Applicants 11.0.
To begin application process please download and complete forms:
You can submit your application via:
Once submitted and reviewed, HR will contact you via email or by phone.
For more information regarding application procedures, job opportunities, or to obtain an application by mail, contact the Human Resources Division directly at 863-298-6440, toll free 1-877-477-7276, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. An application may also be downloaded from this web site.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V