Skip navigation links
Sheriff Grady Judd
News Room
Inside PCSO
Fugitives & Offenders
Animal Control
Citizen Info
Crime Prevention
Contact Us
Stop Graffiti
Skip navigation links
School Crossing Unit
Frequently Asked Questions
School Resource Unit
Frequently Asked Questions  


Q.   I believe a school crossing guard is needed at a certain location.  Who shall I contact about this? 

A.   A School Crossing Unit supervisor can be contacted at 863-534-7300 extension 108 or 109. A parent may also contact the school’s principal.


Q.   Where may I, or my child, report suspicious activity anonymously?

A.   Crime Stoppers anonymous hotline or e-mail tips@polksheriff.org  

The anonymous Crime Stoppers Hotline, 1-800-226-TIPS (8477) allows students, parents, and members of the community to report suspicious activity which will assist in early intervention. We encourage you to use this toll free number to help maintain a safe and orderly campus. www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com


Q.  How do I report a safety issue to Safe Schools?

A.  Call Captain Mike Wiggins at 863-534-7309