Crime Stoppers Anonymous Hotline
It is important that all students, parents and members of the community be a part of creating a safe school environment. Safe schools create an atmosphere which supports learning and develops a positive relationship between students and staff members.
The Anonymous Crime Stoppers Hotline allows students, parents, and members of the community to report suspicious activity which will assist in early intervention. I encourage you to use this toll free number to help maintain a safe and orderly campus.
"Together We Can Make A Positive Difference."
Sheriff, Polk County
Here are some tips below of how parents can help.
- Keep firearms at home and ensure they are securely locked.
- Take an active role in our child's school.
- Be a role model.
- Listen to and talk to your children regularly.
- Set clear limits on behavior in advance.
- Help your children find peaceful solutions to their problems.
- Discourage name calling and teasing.
- Know your children's friends, whereabouts and activities.
- Support school policies and rules.
- Interact with other parents through school and neighborhood associations.
- Check your children's room for suspicious items
Here are some tips below of how students can help.
- Report any criminal activity to school authorities or police.
- Report a change in student's behavior.
- Learn how to manage your own anger effectively.
- Help others settle disputes peacefully.
- Become a peer counselor, working with classmates.
- Mentor a younger student.
- Start a school crime watch.
- Ask each student group or club to adopt an anti-violence theme.
- Start or sign up for a "peace pledge" campaign, in which students promise to settle disputes peacefully.
Now, in partnership with the Polk County Sheriff's Office, parents and students have a reliable and private way to report rumors and suspicious activities. We are primarily supporting two ways to report.