Welcome to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office Animal Control Section’s on-line tag purchase page!
For your convenience, we are proud to offer you the option to purchase your pet’s rabies license tag via the internet. To take advantage of this service all you need to do is:
- Have recently vaccinated your dog or cat against rabies.
- Reference the Animal ID number, Person ID number, last name, microchip number, or reference number from your reminder notice.
- Your Animal ID number can be found on the left hand side of the postcard that you received in the mail:
- Follow the prompts on this screen.
- Note when entering your animal’s ID or Person ID number make sure they match the numbers on your notice exactly.
Did you know that Animal Control implemented a stainless steel LIFETIME rabies license tag in 2007?
This rabies tag stays with your pet and is renewed yearly just like you do with your vehicle’s tag. Please DO NOT throw this tag away because you WILL NOT automatically be sent a replacement tag when you renew your pet’s rabies license.
- If you are purchasing a NEW rabies license tag, it will be mailed to you once your on-line transaction has been confirmed.
- If you are renewing an EXISTING rabies license tag, you will receive a receipt confirming your rabies license tag renewal by e-mail once your on-line transaction has been confirmed.
Are you worried about your spayed or neutered kitty losing his or her rabies license tag? That’s easy to take care of!
- After you renew your kitty’s rabies license tag, just click on the button to license her pet, confirm your kitty’s animal ID and U-numbers then select the cat collar option.
- We will send you an elastic no-snag cat collar in the mail with your receipt.
- Don’t worry if kitty loses his or her collar, just let us know and we’ll send you a free replacement for the life of kitty’s rabies license tag.
NOTICE: Customers purchasing or renewing rabies license tags on line will be assessed a minimum $2.00 internet convenience fee, this fee amount will be $2 for purchases up to $68 and then 2.95% of the purchase price after that.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office Animal Control Section will send you a receipt by e-mail validating your pet’s license tag. If this is a NEW PET or a replacement license for a lost one, Animal Control will also send you a new stainless steel renewable rabies license tag by mail.
Please save or print a copy of your receipt for record keeping purposes.
To begin the payment process, click button below: