- The Polk County Sheriff’s Office has attained the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing’s (NIGP) Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award. This Award formally recognizes excellence in Public Procurement by establishing a body of standards that should be in place for a solid purchasing operation.
Mission Statement: The Purchasing Section is committed to procuring goods and services in the most efficient and effective manner in order to achieve the best price and consistent quality needed to meet the requirements of the Sheriff’s Office.
- The Purchasing Section shall seek to maximize the purchasing power of public funds, while promoting fair and open competition.
- The Purchasing Section shall work together to create innovative approaches to the procurement process for the benefit of our customers and the Sheriff’s Office.
- The Purchasing Section shall follow a strict code of ethics, avoiding the appearance of and preventing the opportunity for favoritism.
- The Purchasing Section shall strive to create a friendly work environment through teamwork, respect, integrity, and honest communication.
Goals and Objectives: The primary goal of the Purchasing Section shall be to procure necessary goods and services with optimal quality and price in a timely manner.
- Procure goods and services in accordance with the quality, quantity, and delivery requirements of the requisitioning user.
- Procure items at the lowest cost that quality, quantity, delivery, and safety objectives permit.
- Organize and use the total buying power of the Sheriff’s Office in a manner that will yield maximum benefit.
- Study markets to analyze prices, evaluate vendors, identify methods of reducing costs through improved specifications and supervision of supply sources, and recommend changes in product and in order quantities when conditions warrant.
- Seek, develop, and maintain reliable sources of supply that will create and encourage competitive bidding and free and open competition.
- Maintain good vendor relations in order to promote the Sheriff’s Office reputation for fair dealing.
The Purchasing Section adheres to the NIGP Code of Ethics as our guideline regarding procurement practices.