Business Services Division
The Business Services Division is under the leadership of Director Paul Baggett. This division is the largest civilian component in the Polk County Sheriff's Office which supports both Law Enforcement and Detention Departments. Our key objectives are to enhance the allocation and management of tax payer dollars by providing quality services at the best possible price. To accomplish our objectives, the division has two support bureaus. The Central Services Bureau is responsible for the care, maintenance and procurement of inmate food and supplies, uniforms for deputies, school crossing guards and front service personnel, vehicles and items needed for safe, efficient operation of the agency. The Records Management Bureau is responsible for public records requests, warrants, providing officer assistance in the crime information center, alarm control compliance and the photo lab which completes requests from public defenders and the State Attorney's Office.
Central Services Bureau
- Facilities - The facilities coordinator, Jennie Burton, coordinates with county facilities personnel for the maintenance of all PCSO buildings located throughout the county, which includes housekeeping.
Form 1576 Request for Service: Routine Maintenance
Form 1576A Request for Service: Non-Routine Maintenance
Routine Maintenance is used for maintenance request such as leaks, or lights out; and Non-Routine Maintenance is used for anything needing a quote or special items to complete. The agency's Print Shop, under Documents Services, is also included in Facilities.
- Purchasing Unit - The responsibilities of this unit include bids, requests for quotes, and researching costs to ensure the best price for products or services.
- Fleet Services Section - This section maintains, services, and repairs all agency-owned vehicles.
- Supply Services Section - This section orders and stocks supplies for the Department of Detention and Law Enforcement, as well as standard office supplies for office management, including forms.
Records Management Bureau
- Records Processing Unit- The Responsibilities of this unit include the storage/processing or criminal records and offense reports, responding to public records request, preparing records for preservation and archive storage, Processing digital media, and conducting local background checks.
- Records Quality Control Unit - This unit is responsible for reviewing all reports generated by the PCSO to ensure accurate submission of the data to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for Uniform Crime reports. Member sin this unit also complete data entry citations issued by deputies and the entry of pawn ticket. The unit is also responsible for overseeing the administrative and operation activities associated with enforcement of the county's alarm control ordinance.
- CIC and Warrants Administrative Unit- This unit includes the Crime Information Center and Warrants Administrative Unit. The Crime Information Center conducts criminal history inquiries for deputies/officers, and enters information on stolen vehicles, articles, tags, etc. into the FCIC/NCIC information systems. The CIC/Warrants Administrative Unit is responsible for the processing of warrants issued by the Courts, and arranges for inmate transportation to and from Florida, as well as within the state of Florida