Business Services Division
Director Stephanie Duhart
The Business Services Division is under the leadership of Director Stephanie Duhart. This division is the largest civilian component in the Polk County Sheriff's Office which supports both Law Enforcement and Detention Departments. Our key objectives are to enhance the allocation and management of tax payer dollars by providing quality services at the best possible price. To accomplish our objectives, the division has two support bureaus. The Central Services Bureau is responsible for the care, maintenance and procurement of inmate food and supplies, uniforms for deputies, school crossing guards and front service personnel, vehicles and items needed for safe, efficient operation of the agency. The Records Management Bureau is responsible for public records requests, warrants, providing officer assistance in the crime information center, alarm control compliance and the photo lab which completes requests from public defenders and the State Attorney's Office.
Central Services Bureau
- Facilities - The facilities coordinator, Melissa Green, coordinates with county facilities personnel for the maintenance of all PCSO buildings located throughout the county, which includes housekeeping.
Form 1576 Request for Service: Routine Maintenance
Form 1576A Request for Service: Non-Routine Maintenance
Routine Maintenance is used for maintenance request such as leaks, or lights out; and Non-Routine Maintenance is used for anything needing a quote or special items to complete. The agency's Print Shop, under Documents Services, is also included in Facilities.
- Purchasing Section - The responsibilities of this unit include bids, requests for quotes, and researching costs to ensure the best price for products or services.
- Fleet Services Section - This section maintains, services, and repairs all agency-owned vehicles.
- Supply Services Section - This section orders and stocks supplies for the Department of Detention and Law Enforcement, as well as standard office supplies for office management, including forms.
Records Management Bureau
- Records Section- Processes criminal records requests, public records requests, in-house photo lab, lobby customer service, handles data entry of pawn tickets, ensures incident reports are accurate, and prepares data for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Uniform Criminal Reporting.
- Warrants Administrative Unit- This section includes the Crime Information Center and Warrants Unit.