- Benefits Section
- Employment Services Section
- Organizational Development Section
- Academy & Member Development Bureau
- Training Section
Their role is to make available insurance benefit options including specialized insurances and long term disability and to administer member benefits including:
- prescription drug
- mental health plans and employee assistance program (EAP)
Employment Services Section:
- Their role is to hire the most qualified applicants consistent with the agency's mission of preventing crime and providing outstanding public safety, through a fair and unbiased recruiting process.
- Manage and coordinate recruitment programs.
- Manage pre-employment, hiring, and employment functions.
- Manage and maintain applicant investigational process.
Organizational Development Section:
Manages and develops member talent to support and enhance the agency's ability to provide safety and crime prevention services.
Academy & Member Development Bureau:
- Utilize needs assessment survey to determine organization and member training needs for the continued ability to provide quality service to the community.
- Promote education goals of agency to ensure members are prepared to service the growing needs of a diverse community through onsite degree program(s).
- Develop and coordinate in-house supervisor/leadership training.
- Their role is to enhance the safety of the citizens of Polk County by providing progressive and professional training to the Polk County Sheriff's Office and other public safety agencies.
- Maximize citizen safety and protection by developing, coordinating, and facilitating professional in-service training for agency members and other public safety agencies for improved competencies.