Skip to main content

Go Search
Sheriff Grady Judd
News Room
Inside PCSO
Fugitives & Offenders
Animal Control
Citizen Info
Crime Prevention
Contact Us
Stop Graffiti > Citizen Alerts > Polk Countywide  

Citizen Alerts: Polk Countywide


Polk Countywide 

News Date


Message From

Polk County Sheriff's Office 


Carbon Monoxide Poisoning...Safety Warning! 

News Story

From Sheriff Grady Judd: this is an important public safety warning. We are conducting a death investigation of a 7 year-old Lakeland child who is believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. The child was in a home where a portable generator was running in the living room. All generators and gas grills should be operated outside in well-ventilated locations, away from all doors and windows. Do not operate generators or grills in a garage. If you start to feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator or gas grille, get to fresh air RIGHT AWAY. DO NOT DELAY. Then call 9-1-1. Together we can be safe!


Created at 9/13/2017 4:49 PM  by Skiba, Karen 
Last modified at 9/13/2017 4:49 PM  by Skiba, Karen