On January 12, 2015, after a seven-month long investigation, Polk County Sheriff’s Office High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) task force detectives arrested eight suspects charging them with multiple drug related charges.
Those arrested were:
1. Julio Sesor Cendejas, DOB 10/14/1981 of Davenport. Cendejas was charged with Armed Trafficking in Methamphetamine over 28 Grams, Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Sell, Own/Rent Vehicle to Traffic Drugs, And Possession of Paraphernalia. Cendajas’ criminal arrest history includes one previous felony charge and seven previous misdemeanor charges.
2. Jennifer Leighann Gilliam, DOB 04/10/1987 of Davenport. Gilliam was charged with Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Controlled Substance (3 counts), Possession of Prescription Medication without a Prescription (3 counts), Possession of Paraphernalia, Possession of Firearm during the Commission of a Felony and Child Neglect. Gilliam’s criminal arrest history includes one previous felony charge and one misdemeanor charge.
3. Kendall Lee Gilliam, DOB 12/07/1961 of Davenport. K. Gilliam was charged with Possession of Methamphetamine, and Possession of Paraphernalia. K Gilliam has no prior arrest history.
4. Edward Alan Ricks, DOB 07/08/1983 of Winter Haven. Ricks Was Charged With Armed Trafficking In Methamphetamine Over 28 Grams, Rent Structure To Traffic Methamphetamine, Possession Of Firearm By Convicted Felon, And Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia. Ricks’ criminal arrest history includes 20 felony charges, 19 misdemeanor charges, one unknown level charge and one failure to appear. Ricks has been in state custody three times and has been in the Polk County Jail 20 times.
5. Jason Taylor, DOB 07/21/1982, (At Large). Taylor was charged with Violation of Community Control Reference Possession of Methamphetamine, DWLSR- Felony, and Felony Fleeing to Elude. Taylor’s criminal arrest history includes 23 felony charges, 37 misdemeanor charges, and six failures to appear. Taylor has been in state custody twice and has been in the Polk County Jail 15 times.
6. Vanessa Gayle Turner, DOB 07/13/1989 of Polk City. Turner was charged with Possession of Methamphetamine, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Turner has one previous felony charge.
7. Becky Yates, DOB 08/17/1979 of Winter Haven, Yates was charged with Possession of Methamphetamine, And Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Yates’ criminal arrest history includes 8 felony charges, 10 misdemeanor charges, two unknown level charges, and four failures to appear. Yates has been in state custody once and the Polk County Jail 3 times.
8. Benigno Calvillo, DOB 12/23/1987 (At Large- Frostproof). Calvillo was charged with Trafficking in Methamphetamine over 200 Grams, Own Rent Structure to Traffic Methamphetamine, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Resisting an Officer without Violence. Calvillo’s criminal arrest history includes 3 felony charges, and 3 misdemeanor. Calvillo has been in the Polk County Jail 3 times.
In May 2014, HIDTA detectives received information confirming Candejas was selling trafficking amounts of methamphetamine in Polk County. During the investigation additional suspects were identified as associates of Candejas and his criminal activity.
Ultimately 2 search warrants were executed at two addresses and a total of 4.5 pounds of methamphetamine was recovered. In addition, detectives seized $14,831 in US currency, three handguns, a 2006 Honda Motorcycle, and a 2004 Polaris four-wheeler.
The search warrants were executed at Candejas’ residence in Davenport, and at Ricks’ residence in Winter Haven.
All subjects were booked into the Polk County Jail without incident.