On Thursday, January 17, 2013, a Polk County Grand Jury indicted 21-year-old Thomas Lee "Dutch" Gainers, DOB 4/25/1991, of 1152 Ruby Street in Lakeland, for First Degree Murder in the December 9, 2012, homicide of Sean Anthony Williamson. He was arrested the same day without incident by PCSO.
Devon Sykes was previously arrested in this case.
Gainers was placed into custody this afternoon without incident by PCSO homicide detectives and booked into the Polk County Jail.
Gainers' previous Polk County arrest history includes:
- 8/4/2006 - arrested by LPD for Resisting Arrest
- 11/21/06 - arrested by PCSO for Distribution of Cocaine Within 1,000 Feet of School or Church; Possession of Paraphernalia
- 5/16/07 - arrested by LPD for VOP
- 3/17/08 - arrested by PCSO for Robbery
- 8/6/09 - arrested by LPD for Dealing in Stolen Property; Giving False Info to Pawn Dealer; VOP - sentenced to 18 months in state prison
He was released from state prison in December 2010.
We thank the grand jury for their service to the citizens of Polk County. With this indictment and arrest, the citizens of our county and the Williamson family can sleep peaceably at night knowing that the two suspects responsible for Sean's death are now behind bars." - Sheriff Grady Judd