On Friday, September 26, 2014, Polk County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics detectives acting in an undercover capacity, arrested six suspects charging them with multiple drug related crimes.
After receiving information about the sale of narcotics in the Mulberry area Polk County Sheriff’s Office narcotics detectives began an undercover investigation. Through the investigation, detectives learned 32-year-old Douglas Ryan Sheffield, DOB 6/21/82, 911 7th St Mulberry, was selling cannabis “wax” and “butter.”
Cannabis wax, sometimes called butter, is a concentrated form of marijuana. The substance is highly potent and dangerous to create. Butane gas is used to extract the THC from the plant which often can result in explosions and injuries. In addition, the potency of the substance can cause users to lose consciousness, or “pass-out,” resulting in possible injury.
Sheffield had two outstanding warrants for sale of cannabis. He was placed under arrest on Friday, September 26th, for the outstanding warrants and a search warrant was obtained for his residence. Once inside, detectives located four other individuals.
Inside the residence, detectives discovered cans of butane, used to extract the oil from cannabis to create wax, and several glass dishes Sheffield said were used in the process.
Those arrested and their charges were:
· Douglas Ryan Sheffield - Charged with Sale of cannabis x2, Possession of cannabis with intent to sale x2, manufacture cannabis, maintain residence for manufacture with minors present, possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia
· Ramona Davis, DOB 12/26/63, 911 7th Street, Mulberry – Charged with Possession of methamphetamine, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia
· Shawn Landsdale, DOB 9/13/76, 911 7th Street, Mulberry - Charges: Possession of cannabis, Possession of drug paraphernalia
· Elaina Ortado, DOB 3/12/93, 911 7th Street, Mulberry – Charged with Possession of methamphetamine, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia
· Timothy Sheffield, DOB 4/2/86, 911 7th Street, Mulberry – Charged with Possession of methamphetamine, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia
Also arrested in connection with this investigation was:
· Terris Pace, DOB 10/11/57, 206 5th Ave SW Mulberry – Charged with conspiracy to sell cannabis, sale of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to sell, possession of drug paraphernalia
All six suspects were booked into the Polk County Jail without incident.