Polk County Sheriff’s Office “Operation Fall Sweep” nets 272 arrests county wide over 5 days, September 28 - October 3
Polk County Sheriff’s Office deputies conducted a proactive law enforcement initiative over a five-day period ending Monday. Operation “Fall Sweep” concentrated on the following law enforcement initiatives:
· Searching for criminal suspects with active warrants
· Checking up on convicted felons on probation
· Following up on those on active Sex Offender and Predator status
· Following up on drug and criminal activity tips and leads
· Searching for felons illegally in possession of firearms
· Patrolling crime “hot spots”
· Patrolling areas with identifiable crime trends
· Working with other law enforcement agencies to serve criminal warrants
· Searching for on-line criminal activity
As a result of “Fall Sweep” there were:
· 272 Total Arrests
· Of the 272 arrested, there were a total of 2,121 prior arrests, or about 8 prior arrests, on average, of the criminal suspects
· Of the 272 arrested, 143 had prior prison incarcerations
· Among the 272 arrests, there were a total of 3,497 total charges (current) including:
o 1,599 Felony charges
o 1,898 Misdemeanor charges
· 35 of those arrested had 20+ prior arrests
· 41 of the 272 people told deputies they receive public assistance
· 7 search warrants were served
· 6 of those arrested had a prior history of violence toward law enforcement
· 31 of the 272 were arrested on outstanding warrants
· 14 firearms were seized, 7 of which were stolen and 7 were seized from convicted felons
· 3 sex offenders were arrested for violations of their offender conditions
· 2 warrants were served on behalf of the Secret Service for federal identity theft charges
Cases of interest:
PCSO detectives, working with the FBI’s Safe Streets task Force and the Lakeland Police Department served active armed robbery warrants on five suspects belonging to the Warlocks Motorcycle Gang on September 29, 2016. The warrants stem from a Lakeland Police Department case where a number of members of the Warlocks Motorcycle Gang attacked an employee of the Mud Slingers Bar, 1239 E Memorial Boulevard, Lakeland early in the morning on September 2, 2016. The employee was kicked and punched and taken to Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center where he was treated and released. Arrested were 29 year old William Carrington Moss of Lake Wales (armed robbery, battery), 21-year-old Austin Lynn Arndt of Winter Haven (armed robbery, battery), 39-year-old Robert Koff of Lake Wales (armed robbery, battery), 43-year-old Clinton Arthur of Davenport (armed robbery, battery), and 42-year-old Leonard Casper, Jr., of Winter Haven (armed robbery, battery). Robert Koff has a total of 47 prior arrests including 45 prior felony charges and 40 prior misdemeanor charges. He has three prior prison incarcerations. Previous charges include larceny, grand theft, criminal mischief, kidnapping, forgery, fleeing to elude and multiple drug charges.
On October 3, 2016 Detectives executed a search warrant at 5849 Breakwater Drive, Winter Haven after learning child pornography was being downloaded from the residence. Upon executing the search warrant, Nathan Hale admitted to coming across what he described as child pornography while looking at other kinds of pornography. He said he viewed the pornography due to his “morbid curiosity.” A check of his electronic devices revealed in excess of 60 images depicting child pornography of pre-pubescent girls between the ages of approximately 7 to 12-years old. Hale was subsequently arrested and charged with possession of child pornography (60 counts) along with two additional counts of promotion of child pornography.
On October 1, 2016 at approximately 2:30 in the morning 55-year-old Robert Lowe of Lakeland was stopped for driving with no headlights on Skyview Dr as it turned into the closed station at 2939 Skyview Dr. During his contact with the driver, the deputy discovered Lowe had a set of metallic knuckles in his back pocket. Lowe was charged with possession of a concealed weapon. Lowe has a total of 40 prior arrests including 38 prior felony charges and 33 misdemeanor charges. He’s been to prison 5 times. Included in his previous arrest history are charges for armed robbery, homicide, auto theft, burglary, grand theft domestic violence battery on a law enforcement officer, possession of a concealed weapon, possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, and possession of various kinds of illegal drugs.
For a complete list of suspects arrested, please visit http://bit.ly/2dvAtMk.