In an effort to combat the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco to minors, on Thursday, November 6, 2014, PCSO School Resource deputies, along with the help of Polk County Explorers, checked six stores in the Lakeland area. Five were in compliance, and one store clerk was arrested.
The following stores were in compliance with the law:
- 7 Eleven, 3071 US Hwy 98 South, Lakeland
- XYZ Liquor, 2322 Edgewood Drive, Lakeland
- 7 Eleven, 2010 Edgewood Drive, Lakeland
- Liquor and Tobacco, 2818 Lakeland Highlands Rd, Lakeland
- Sunoco, 1605 East Edgewood Dr, Lakeland
62-year-old Craig Campbell of 3414 Jarrod Lane in Lakeland was arrested for selling alcohol to a minor. He works at the Hess station located at 3117 South Florida Avenue in Lakeland.