Shortly before 4:30 pm, on Saturday, November 16, 2013, Polk County Sheriff’s Office deputies received an anonymous tip about possible rooster fights taking place at 4560 Carl Boozer Road Haines City. Deputies responded to the location and discovered a fight in progress with 14 suspects at the scene.
Agriculture Crimes deputies responded and a search warrant was obtained for the property. One suspect, Garcia-Rivera, was in possession of $680.00 in cash, and a large amount of fighting paraphernalia was located inside his vehicle.
In addition, two firearms along with a large quantity of rooster fighting paraphernalia were located in three separate vehicles. Inside the barn deputies found two roosters in tied sacks to be weighed prior to a fight. A rooster bath, discarded spur packaging, sparring dummy, mole skin wrapping, syringes, and a variety medicines were also located on the property. There were approximately 200 roosters, hens, and chicks in cages within the barn area.
1. Noel Garcia Rivera, DOB 08/08/1973, 239 Magellan Drive, Kissimmee
2. Mario Antonio Guzman, DOB 05/29/1972, 634 Polynesian Court, Kissimmee
3. Gerardo J Ramos-Pamales, DOB 12/21/1980, 4503 Ross Lanier Lane, Kissimmee
4. Manuel Figueroa, DOB 03/13/1935, 4560 Carl Boozer Road, Haines City
5. Jaime Criado-Colon, DOB 07/29/1965, 3309 Baker Road, Haines City
6. Manuel Emil Contreras-Lorenzo, DOB 03/20/1981, 721 Euclid Avenue, Lake Wales
7. Rhadames Mora-Burgos, DOB 08/15/1978, 1026 Bice Grove Road, Hines City
8. Jose Antonio Ocasio-Ocasio, DOB 04/20/1956, 906 Cumberland Drive, Kissimmee
9. Arnold Rodriguez, DOB 08/17/1955, 342 Mystery House Road, Davenport (registered sex offender)
10. Jesus Santana-Ramirez, DOB 07/20/1935, 707 Fore Lane, Kissimmee
11. Mitchel Santana, DOB 03/27/1967, 707 Fore Lane, Kissimmee
12. Nelson A. Cordero-Nunez, DOB 06/26/1959, 3237 Fairhaven Avenue, Kissimmee (Dominican Republic entertainer – 1980s)
13. Joaquin Noel Abdon-Fernandez, DOB 12/31/1975, 8545 Wichita Place, Orlando
14. Juan Almanzar, DOB 02/14/1966, 627 Baldwin Circle, Kissimmee
The 14 suspects were each charged with Fighting and Baiting Animals, and Possession of Fighting Paraphernalia; 13 were booked into the Polk County Jail on Saturday, November 17, 2013. Suspect Arnold Rodriguez complained of chest pains and was transported to an area hospital for treatment.