On Tuesday, December 6, 2016, in an effort to combat the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco to minors, Polk County Sheriff’s School Resource deputies, along with the assistance of a PCSO Explorer (Explorers are high school student volunteers), conducted “Operation Pop Top.”
“Operation Pop Top is an effective community awareness tool,” said Sheriff Grady Judd. “When proprietors see that we will not tolerate the illegal sale of tobacco or alcohol to minors, it sets a precedent.”
The investigation was conducted in the Lakeland area. A total of eight stores were checked, and seven were in compliance with the Florida State Statute.
· 7-Eleven Store 3031 US Hwy 98 North, Lakeland
· Circle K Store 3100 N Galloway Rd, Lakeland
· Circle K Store 2385 Griffin Rd, Lakeland
· Wawa 4320 US Hwy 98 North, Lakeland
· Circle K Store 7250 US Hwy 98 N, Lakeland
· Circle K Store 8324 US Hwy 98 N, Lakeland
· 7-Eleven Store 2993 Duff Rd, Lakeland
One store was found not to be in compliance. The suspect was arrested and transported the Polk County jail.
· Circle K Stores, 4415 Old Kathleen Rd, Lakeland
24-year-old Holli Nicole Fante, of Castle Way, Lakeland was charged with Sale of Alcoholic Beverage to person under 21 years of age.
“I commend the businesses and store clerks for complying with the Florida State Statute. We will continue to combat the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco to minors and arrest those who violate the law," Sheriff Judd