On Tuesday, December 11, 2012, Polk County Sheriff’s School Resource deputies, along with the assistance of a PCSO Explorer (volunteer high school student), conducted a “Pop Top” operation in an effort to combat the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco to minors. The operation was conducted in the Frostproof area. Six
stores were checked, and all but one of them were found in compliance with Florida State Statutes.
The clerk at the Mini Macs Food Mart located at 910 Scenic Hwy in Babson Park, 63-year-old Karen Sanders, was arrested for Sale of Alcohol to a Minor.
The clerks at the following stores refused to sell alcohol to the minor:
- BP Town Star, 7030 US Hwy 27 South, Frostproof
- Citgo, 917 Scenic Hwy, Frostproof
- La Goria Market 2, 540 Scenic Hwy, Frostproof
- Sunoco, 203 Scenic Hwy, Frostproof
- Little Dixie 2, 22 CR 630 West, Frostproof