On Wednesday, December 18, 2013, in an effort to combat the illegal sale of alcohol and tobacco to minors, Polk County Sheriff’s School Resource deputies, along with the assistance of a PCSO Explorer, conducted “Operation Pop Top” in the Dundee and Lakeland areas.
A total of nine (9) convenience stores checked for the sale of alcoholic beverages to a minor. Eight of the nine stores were found to be in compliance with the Florida beverage laws, and they are:
1. Sunoco - 30105 US Hwy 27 North, Dundee
2. Sunoco - 201 Dundee Rd, Dundee
3. Sunny's Food Store - 2085 West Highlands St, Lakeland
4. Quick Stop - 2100 Old Tampa Hwy, Lakeland
5. Ali Babba's Food Market - 724 Wabash Ave, Lakeland
6. BP - 628 North Wabash Ave, Lakeland
7. Great Food USA Mart - 337 Bartow Rd, Lakeland
8. Circle K - 1705 Bartow Hwy, Lakeland
The clerk at the 7-Eleven located at 3071 Bartow Hwy in Lakeland, 26-year-old Waltoya Cummings of Winter Haven, was charged with Sell of Alcoholic Beverage to a Person under 21 Years of Age. Cummings was booked into the Polk County Jail.